Initial steps to deploy and configure the Data Access Components
Data Access Manager (DAM)
1 minute read
The data access component is a web-based tool to manage and run agents that integrate data into the DataPorts platform. The component is divided into two sub-components:
Agents: Set of scripts used to import data from different data sources and send the data to the upper layers of the DataPorts platform depending on the agent morphology: to Semantic Interoperability layer when using publish/subscribe agents or to the Data Abstraction and Virtualization Component when using on-demand agents.
Data Access Manager: services that manage the different agents available on the platform. The Data Access Manager comprises two elements:
- REST API. Interacts directly with the agents deployed into the DataPorts platform.
- UI. Displays to the end-user the results of the actions executed over the agents through the API.
The data access component has the following features:
- Distributes data to the upper layers:
- Semantic Interoperability for publish-subscribe agents.
- Data Abstraction and Virtualization for on-demand agents.
- Offers a SDK to facilitate the creation of agents.
- Validates that the data sent to Semantic Interoperability Component (ORION) are in the correct format.
- Provides a UI for creating and managing instances of data import agents available in the platform.
- Provides a REST API to interact with agents and its access to the different data sources.